INTEGRATED POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM
Our IPS System provides a complete power solution from one system for all signalling circuits. This SMPS based IPS system is extensively used in critical railway signalling applications. The IPS Systems meet the requirements of RDSO/SPN/165/2012(Version 3.0).
There are three panels on the IPS:
AC Distribution Panel (AC Panel)
It is a combination of Inverters, Step-Down Transformers and Constant Voltage Transformer (AVR) regulators.
DC Distribution Panel (DC Panel)
This consists of DC-DC converters with different ratings. All these converters work on 110V DC input which coming from FRBC panel. These converters feed power to different loads such as Axle Counters, Point Machines, Relay Internal and Relay External.
FRBC Panel (SMPS Panel)
FRBC Panel consists of maximum of 5 Switch Mode Rectifier Module (SMR) which are AC to DC converters (Rectifier module). Each module rated for 110V/20A.
Up to five modules will be working in parallel load sharing mode in one IPS. The output of the FRBC Panel is connected to a Battery Bank and to two other panels which are DC Panel and AC Panel.
- Reduced Maintenance as there are two chargers in hot standby mode
- Various battery voltage levels avoided improving battery life
- Each DC-DC converter is supported with hot standby
- Continuous power to signal circuits even in the absence of DG/Local power supply.
- Minimum manual supervision – changeover from charger 1 to 2 & inverter 1 to 2 is automatic
- Status Panel at ASM’s room enables quick information to the maintenance team
- Highly regulated voltage to all Signal Relays & Lamps