Statcon Energiaa’s Cold Storage is the No.1 Solution for 24 X 7 power supply to cold storages under harsh Indian conditions. With smart management of renewable Solar Power, the ECO HBD Inverter provides the advantage of lesser diesel costs and carbon footprint. It is installed in many cold storages in India with an average payback period of about 1.5 to 3 yrs.
This technology has made cold-storage power supply much more simpler and efficient as cold storages require constant power supply to maintain quality of food produce. As of March 2018, there are more than 6300 cold storages in India which require uninterrupted power supply.
Currently in India most cold storage units run on Diesel Generators and intermittent Grids that result in inefficiency and an increased operating cost for the owner. Typically, a cold storage’s electric loads are non-continuous, consisting of Main compressor motor (100-200hp), Pump Motor (10-30hp), Blower Motors (2-10hp) and numerous fans. As a result the capacity of DG Set is over 2.5 times the normal running loads.
Statcon Energiaa offers a state-of-the-art solar hybrid solution designed to increase efficiency and reduce electricity bills. It caters to the 24 X 7 power need of cold storages and can also export excess Solar Energy into Grid thus increasing the return on investment.
- Diesel costs are rapidly increasing.
- It requires frequent opening and closing of valves resulting in loss of Ammonia pressure.
- Solar is wasted during 3 months when cold storage is shut down.
- Huge amount of diesel consumption throughout the year.
- Save lakhs of rupees in diesel costs each year with reduced diesel consumption.
- Uninterrupted power supply ensures that this does not remain an issue.
- Export excess energy to grid via net metering and earn money even when the cold storage is closed.
- A properly sized solar plant eliminates the switching on of DG Set and will bring down your diesel expense to almost zero.
Backed by 30 years experience, the complete system is built with Solar Panels, special VFD inverters, battery, a bi-directional hybrid inverter – all controlled through a PLC with remote monitoring for maximum savings and smooth running of your cold storage cost.
- Customized battery selection.
- Day Loads shared by Solar + Grid + Battery. Night Loads are supplied with Battery + Grid or Batter +DG.
- The system can be integrated with existing VFD’s.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it require high initial cost of project?
Best market rates and subsidies available through MNRE, State Nodal Agencies & National Horticulture Board make it a great long-term solution.
Can normal inverters handle the surge loads of large compressors?
Energiaa’s customised Hybrid Inverters are high power machines which are more than capable of handling such loads.
Can batteries bear such heavy loads?
It is a myth. Thousands of storage based large projects are running successfully around the globe.
Is it suitable for harsh Indian conditions?
Statcon Energiaa’s ECO-HBD System is installed in over ___ Cold Storages across India.